pre-intermediate B1 level
• To provide a process writing – descriptive writing – in the context of "the place where you live."
• Reading for specific information in the context of "the place where you live."
Procedure (39-55 minutes)
* The T starts the class with a brief greeting and quickly group Ss and asks about the weather. * The T intends to engage Ss and also to elicit some useful language. * The T puts the main Q on the board and asks Ss to come up with as many adjectives as they can. * For each single Q, the T gives Ss a couple of minutes to think. * The T provides FB at the end of each Q.
* The T provides Ss with the model text - Ss will use it as a template in the productive stage - and asks them to read it and fill out its gaps. Ins.: I want you to read the text individually and fill out its gaps with the given words. ICQs: Are you going to read it alone or with your partners? Alone Are you ging to fill out the gaps with your own words or with the given words? Given words. * The T sets the time and starts monitoring. * The T asks Ss to check their answers together. * The T provides Ss with the answers.
* The T provides Ss with the layout of a descriptive writing, but not in the right order. * The T asks Ss to find the right organisation - Which is the 1st paragraph, etc. - Ins.; with your group members, I want you to put the titles in the correct order. ICQ: Are you going to do it alone or with your partners? Partners * The T has the WCFB at the end.
* The T selects a secretary for each group. * The T asks Ss to write a five-paragraph writing about the place where they live. * The T asks Ss to take a look at the template. Ins.: I want you to write to write a five-paragraph writing about the pace where you live together in 15 minutes. ICQ: Are you going to write it alone or with your partners? Partners. * The T starts monitoring attentively while they are writing their essay.
* The T sticks the sheets on the walls and asks Ss to stand up and check other groups' sheets. * The T also asks them to find some errors while they are reading others sheets. * The T starts monitoring and collects some errors. * The T puts the errors on the board and elicits the correct forms. Alternative way: * The T asks Ss to swap their sheets. * The T asks Ss to correct their sheets. * The T starts monitoring and collects some errors. * The T puts the errors on the board and elicits the correct forms.