TP6.. Family life
to provide students a lexical set to do with family relationships e.g. step mother, half brother
to give students practice in speaking for accuracy and fluency in the context of family relationships.
to give students a practice in reading for gist and details in the context of family relationships
Procedure (41-46 minutes)
1. Teacher projects a photo on the board to elicit the word "family" which is the context of the lesson from the students. 2. Students in small groups look at some photos showing family members and discuss what is going on in each one and what the relationships of the people are. 3. Feedback. The whole class share their opinions.
1. Students get some pictures showing family relationships. 2. Students work in pairs try to match the words and the pictures. 3. Students then get the answer key on the board. 4. Students check their answers in pairs.
1. Students work in pairs or small groups ask and answer each other questions about the relationships of the people in the photos using the clues at the bottom of the pages. 2. Students get nominated by the teacher or other students to say the relationship between two selected people.
1. Teacher elicits the word survey from the students giving an example. 2. Students get the text. 3. Students have a look at the text and answer the teacher's questions on the gist of the text. 4. Every student individually reads and writes her/his guesses. 5. Students check their guesses with the person next to them. 6. Either class check or answer key (based on the class time).
1. Students work in small groups. 2. Students get a list of questions. 3. Students ask each other the questions, discuss and justify their reasons. 4. open class discussion, each group reports the result of their discussion to the class.