To provide gist and specific information listening practice using a text about London in the context of travel
To provide accuracy and fluency speaking practice in a conversation in the context of travel
Procedure (32-45 minutes)
- The teacher will show the students some pictures related to London by power point. - The teacher will ask the students " Do you know where this place is?" - If the students couldn't guess, they teacher would say " London" - The teacher will ask the students " Did you ever visit London?" - If someone says yes, the teacher will ask that students " what did you do? who did you go with? when did you go? where did you stay?"
- The teacher will try to pre-teach some vocabularies by eliciting because they have been exposed to the new vocabularies last session - Also, the teacher may pronounce some difficult words for the students. because it is a listening task and students need to know the correct pronunciation.
- The teacher will give the students a handout which contains only one general question. - The teacher will play the listening once, and ask the students to answer the question. - The teacher will ask the students to check their answers in pairs - The teacher will provide the students as an whole class activity.
- The students will be given a handout which contains seven matching questions. - The teacher will play the listening, and ask the students to listen carefully and answer the questions. - The teacher will ask the students to check their answers in pairs. - The teacher will provide the students with the answer key.
- The teacher will put four wh-questions on the four corner of the class. - the students will be given some pieces of papers which contains some phrases. - The students should match the pieces of papers with the correct wh-questions. - The students will be divided into two groups, and each group which match it quickly will be the winner. -The students should make the proper questions and ask each other in pairs. - The teacher will make the students to change their partners and do the same activity again. - The teacher will monitor, take some notes, and write some of the most common on the board and do the error correction as a whole class feedback