To provide clarification and practice of Possessive 's/ s' in the context of Family
To provide inference and scan reading practice using a text about Family Descriptions in the context of Family
Procedure (29-42 minutes)
- Teacher writes "Family Tree" on the board and elicits the meaning of that particular phrase. - Teacher writes his name before "Family" and draws his own Family tree to set the next task. - Teacher puts a chair in front of Ss, which colours and sheets had been put on it t provide Ss with the needed materials needed to draw their own family trees. - Ss pick their favourite colours and take their sheets and start drawing their family trees. - Ss talk about their family trees in groups of threes. -- Teacher ask the Ss from each group about a member of their partner's family in a way that the answer should contain possessive 's.
- Teacher Chest a paper has a written ( controlled and semi-controlled ) activities and set the task for the Ss. - Teacher hands the papers to the students and Tells them to discuss the activity in pairs. - Teacher elicits the Possessive 's, s' usages from the Ss as a feedback.
- Teacher chests a written activity and hand it to Ss to answer it individually. - Ss check in pairs. - Teacher takes feedback and gets answers from Ss.
- Teacher asks a St to read some examples which the Possessive 's, s' has a /z/ sound, and elicits that sound from Ss. Teacher and Ss agree that the possessive 's, s' sound is /z/. - Teacher asks another St to read another example which the possessive 's, s' in it has a /s/ sound. - Teacher elicits that it can have both sounds. - Ss Drill both sounds.
- Teacher chest a written semi-controlled activity and demonstrate how to solve it. ( using a particular page from the lesson before this lesson ) - Ss do the task in PW - Ss Listen to a recording and Check their answers.
- Each Ss will chest his own family tree. - Every other St will Ask him/ her "who's ( a family member's name ) ?" - The asked St will try to answer all the questions in 1 minute using LF.