To provide clarification and practice of free time activities in the context of week ends
To provide fluency speaking practice in a conversation in the context of free time
Procedure (35-53 minutes)
- Draw 4 activities (listen to music, cook, watching TV, go shopping, phone someone) on the WB - Ask ss what are the poeple doing on the drawings in pairs - Get a feedback from them and clarify this vocabulary
- write model sentences on WB I listen to rock music You like to go shopping He cooks an egg She phones a friend They watch TV with friends - dill the sentences
- show pictures or words and ask them for the meaning, stress it and drill it. - game "find your partner" I give one word/picture each and they should find their partner. I'll first show an example - ask every couple to show their picture and say their word out loud. - clarify its meaning and drill the pronunciation
- give a handout with fill the gaps in teams of 3 ss, the first team who finishes wins. - the team gives the answers - give a 2nd handout with wrong answers. - I ask feedback and correct - Make a human sentence
- Ask the students in onion rings to talk about what they usually do at the week end Every minute they will change their partner. - Ask random feed back about someone using "he/she"