Reading (skim and detailed)
Vocabulary, time expressions
Procedure (45-55 minutes)
- The theacher writes numbers on the board (5-10-15-etc) and asks if the students know what they are. If not, makes sure to practise them. -The teacher brings numbers on cards. Makes students stand up in two groups, and gives each of the group those cards, they are not suppose to show them to the other group. In turn, They dominate one of them(maybe several) to be the writer. the opposite group tells the number, and they write on their paper It goes until they finish the numbers in hand and then they exchange the answer sheet to check.
- The teacher writes the time question (what's the time?) on the board. And several different times in circles and askes to students to give her the answers. then gives them the handouts and when they finish askes them to check with the partner. - The teacher created a work sheet for the students to work in pairs, The sheet has 2 sections, first student A askes the time and Student B answers from the Sheet, student A writes it in the second section of the page, when they are both finish, they check their answers together. -The teacher introduces the necessary vocabulary for the reading. In this lesson 'go to bed', 'sleep' and 'get up' are the words. They are written on the board and first teacher askes to the Ss if they know what it means and checks if they can answer the questions as 'what time do you go to bed' 'what time do you get up?' then writes the sentences on the board.
- The teacher gives the students the HO from the book about Olga and Ben. They read and find the answers individually. When they finish, they check with their partner. - teacher makes sure they understand 'most people'. -The theacher draws a timeline to make sure they understand 'they sleep .... hours a day:' - They listen to the tape and check their answers. - While listening theacher creates drilling.
- The teacher prepeared a reading task, 4 different people and their sleeping habits. The first part of the HO, there are some sentences with missing info, students are to fill them individually, then check the answers with their partners. - The teacher divides the class in 4 groups and divides reading in 4 different sections and gives them one person, divides the board in 4 and in every question teacher askes they need to find the answer and write it on the board, so they choose a writer to be on the board. In every question, the fastest group gets a point.
- The teacher gives the student HO with a writing practice. On the sheet they are asked about their own sleeping habits. - The theacher make sure they understand what is asked from them. - Gives them some time to work indivudually. - Then they are made in to 3 people groups to tell eachother and ask such as 'what time do you go to bed?' 'what time do you get up?' 'how long do you sleep everyday?'