By the end of the lesson Ss should be able to use new vocabulary for countable and uncountable nouns in the context of breakfast time.
To listen for particular words and learn new food related vocabulary.
Procedure (26-40 minutes)
- Project picture of breakfast. Elicit the word 'breakfast'. Elicit the word 'time'. (draw/write on board). Drill 'Breakfast time'. - Give out ex-1. Demo. (individually) for 1 min. - Make 3 groups. Give out ex-4.6. Demo. they do GW. - Give each group answer key. monitor. 4 mins.
- Project Ex-2 - Demo on myself - They discuss in groups. 3mins - W/C FB
- project ex-3a and demo on WB. After Demo "copy this on your paper, fill in the lists using words from the box in ex-1" point to ex1. - Do PW - Monitor.
- Project Ex 3b. Demo it on WB with lists made for 3a. - Play audio. - Check each others answers PW. - Monitor - If needed play again.
- Project ex-4a. Demo for (1) and ask W/C for answer (2). - Project table ex4 AND give them the same table HO. give instructions for choosing words from ex1 box. Demo it. -Do PW and monitor to correct answers.
- Demo ex-5a - Give out ex-5a HO. Do GW - Monitor to see if answers correct. - Nominate Ss to write answers on board.
- Demo the speaking exercise with a student. - Project Ex-speaking. - They need to mention 3 things they buy at a grocery store. - PW - Monitor for errors. Delayed Feedback back up sentences: 1) I bought an banana 2) I got some apple 3) I want to buy a sugar