Cinema: Listening and Vocabulary
• To prvide a controlled practice for listening the gist and specific details in the context of movies and cinema.
• To introduce Ss to some of the vocabulary related to movies and cinema.
Procedure (33-43 minutes)
- Teacher projects pictures of movies and films, and ask Ss which type they these movies and films. - Teacher tries to elicit types of movies and names of movies they know. - Teacher ask Ss what type of movies they like and why. - Teacher nominates some Ss to give their opinin.
- Teacher tells Ss that he is going to play the recording for a very short time and they have to predict what is it about. - Teacher nominates Ss to give their prediction and play the recording again so that Ss check their prediction.
- Teacher tells Ss that he will play the recording once, and they have to listen and cirle the one correct answer in the HO. - Teacher asks ICQs, passes the HO and play the recording. - Ss listen and then check their answers in pairs. - Teacher nominates Ss to feedback.
- Teacher tells Ss that they have to listen carefully this time and do the matching activity on the HO. - Teacher asks ICQs and play the recording. - Ss listen and match and compare their answers with their pairs. - Teacher nominates Ss to feedback on the board.
- Teacher tells Ss thaey have to listen and find words that carry the same meaning of the difinition they have. - Teacher ask CCQs and passes the HO. - Ss swap their papers to check their answers. - Teacher provides the key answer on the borad .
- Teacher writes the words on the bord, and ask CCQs. - Teacher highlight the form, mark the stress and Ss drill the words.
If time allows. - Ss will do a gap fill activity. - Teacher gives instructions, ask ICQs and passes HO2 - Ss do the task and check their answers in pairs. - Teacher nominates Ss to feedback on the board.