upper-intermediate B2 level
To provide clarification and practice of the future perfect and continuous in the context of describing future events.
To provide fluency speaking practice in a Conversation in the context of future events arrangement.
Procedure (33-45 minutes)
- T will tell ss about his plans after the CELTA course describing his future plans. - T sets students in pairs talking about their future plans and describing their near and far schuddled events.
- T chests HO1 and tasks students to listen and correct one word in each sentence. - have students listening and working alone, then checking in pairs. - WCFB by displaying the AK on the board.
- T chests HO2 and tells ss that they are going to answer the questions according to the previously handed activity. - T sets students working alone, then checking in pairs. - WCFB by nominating some ss to write the answers on the board. - T diplays a slide show that contians Both marker sentences, elicits the negative and interrogative forms of both sentences. - T invites students to help him putting the sentence stress. - Modelling and Back chain drilling to practice intonation and stress as well.
- T chests HO3 and tasks ss to fill in the gaps with the correct form of verbs in the box. - Have students working in pairs. - Have students checking in groups. - WCFB by nominating ss randomely to give answers then pass the AK.
- T chests HO4 and tasks students mingling and completing the sentences according to them, then take turns telling each other their sentences. Providing they shouldn't discuss more than two snetences with the same person. - T monitors and see if ther are any errors. - Delayed error correction.