People and their money
upper-intermediate B2 level
To provide gist and detailed reading practice using a text about people and their money in the context of money and life.
To provide accuracy and fluency speaking practice in a Conversation in the context of money and life
Procedure (33-45 minutes)
- T asks students about their favorite phones' brands - After mentioning the " Apple brand" T asks students if they know who is the owner of the company. - T asks students to tell him what do they know about him, to raise the interest of richness and money.
- T sticks some pictures on the WB. - Have students in pairs talking about the pictures and thinking about some related words. - T ICQs : *Are we going to work alone? No, in pairs. *Are we going to talk about phones' brands? No, about the pictures. - WCFB by asking students to report their opinions, and eliciting some of the target vocabulary.
- T sets students in groups of 3 or 2 according to availability. - T chests HO1 and tells students that they are going to read the texts and choose the appropriate title. - Have ss check in groups. - WCFB by nominating students from different groups to report their answers.
- T chests HO2, and explain that they are going to read the text again more carefully and answer the questions individually. - T ICQ's: * Are we going to work in groups? No, alone. - Have them checking in pairs. - WCFB by giving the answer key. - T sets students in new groups in which each group will have a student who have read a different text than the others. - T tasks students to tell each other about the texts they have read. - WCFB by nominating some students to report which story they liked most and why.
- T tasks students to mingle arround the classromm asking their friends "How money(or the luck of it) affects their life", providing that they will talk to more than one person. - WCFB by nominating some students to report their partners' opinions.