To provide practicing for scanning in the context of celebrations.
To provide vocabulary practice in the context of blogs.
To provide fluency in speaking in the context of celebrations.
Procedure (37-40 minutes)
• Write "Congratulations" on the board. • Drill w/ stress. • Act these conversations out "A:I passed my exam! B:Congratulations!" and "A:I got married! B: Congratulations!" • Ss think of five situations where people say "Congratulations" in pairs. • Are we working alone or in pairs? • Are we writing or listening? • Are we writing 5 or 10 ideas?
• Tell Ss to think about something that has happened to them recently. • Tell Ss to stand up, walk around and announce their event and other Ss say "Congratulations" out loud.
• Divide the class into two groups. • Draw an arrow on the board and tell Ss to put the choices into order. • Let each group to stick their answers one by one. • Put Ss into pairs and ask them to talk about these questions. "Do you celebrate these activities(on the board)? How do you celebrate them?" • Tell them to take notes. • Are you working alone or in pairs? • Are you listening or speaking? • Are you just speaking?
• Put the questions on the board and the guide to answer too. • Tell Ss they can aid from it if they like to. • Tell Ss to write sentences about these questions. • Tell Ss to tell their sentences to their partner. • Take FB from 1-2 people to see if they struggle with it and if not, move on.
• Show Ss the blogs and put sentences on Ex. 2 on the board. • Ask Ss to read quickly to understand what they are about. • Are they about this or that. Just 1 minute. • Give quick FB. • Key:A) you retire B)you get married C)you are born
• Show Ss sentences in Ex. 2 • Tell Ss to search for them quickly in these texts very quick. • Give the answer keys.
• Show Ss the sentences in Ex 3 and tell the Ss to check the blogs and decide they're true or false in pairs. • Give quick FB. 1-F (richard got..) 2-F... got married in a town hall)
• Put Ss into two groups and give them two different stories and the T-F questions. • Tell Ss the first group to hand all the questions right wins. • Set a music on the background.