Film and Television
Elementry B1 level
To prvide a controlled practice for listening the gist and details within the context of Film and Television.
To introduce Ss to some new voabulary related to the topic of Film and Television.
Procedure (32-44 minutes)
write three statments on the board and ask Ss to decide on the word needed (that is television) to complete the three sentences. then, ask them to discuss what they see on television in pairs. Get feedback from few Ss.
Ss in pairs discuss what they watch on TV. Teacher get feedback from few Ss and try to elicit some difficult words like documentary, horror films, the new and TV programs.
- taecher gives a HO that includes three titles and Ss listen to the recording once and circle the correct title among the three. - Ss check their answers in pairs. - Teacher writes the correct answer on the board after getting feedback from Ss.
- teacher gives a HO that includes five statements. - Ss have to listen to speakers from 1 to 5 and match the statements with speakers from a to e. - Ss check their answers in groups and match their answers on the board as a feedback.
-Ss will be given a HO with difinition of words in the recording. they listen carefully and write the words in front of each difinition. - Ss ckeck their answers in pairs. - Teacher nominates Ss to write the correct answers on the board.
- Teacher writes the target language on the board, mark the stress. - Ss backchain and drill.
- Ss get a gap fill activity. they have to read each sentence and fill in the gap using one of the words from the box. -Ss check their answers in pairs. - Teacher gives the answer key
- Ss in pairs, will ask each other three questions, what kind of TV shows they watch? what time ? and which channel? -Teacher monitor the activity and correct common errors. -Teacher nominates Ss to feedback to the class and correct.