Familly and relationships
To provide clarification and practice of Possesive 's in the context of familly and relationships
To provide fluency speaking practice in a freer speaking in the context of popular movies related to familly
Procedure (29-39 minutes)
- T tells a short story about receiving a gift from his girlfriend. - T chest the previously read text, then CCQ's: * What was Romeo's girlfriend name? Juliet * Who is Romeo's girlfriend? Juliet is Romeo's girlfriend.
- Pass out HO's, - Have ss working in groups to answer the questions using the slips. - WCFB - T writes one of the answers on WB and highlight the possesive"s".
- T writes one of the answers on WB, then elicits the affirmative form. - T asks ss to form a question using the same slips, and working in groups. - T writes one of the answers on WB, then elicits the interogative form. - T CCQ's: is juliet the girlfriend of Othello? No, Juliet is not the girlfriend of Othello. then elicits the negative form.
- T tells a short story about his parents' vacation to introduce the plural form. - T asks ss to do Ex 2 indvidually, then have them check in pairs. - WCFB. - Have ss working in pairs on ex 3. - Have ss mingling and comparing their answers. - Pass out answer keys. - Regrouping ss according to their height. - T CCQs: * Do You like running? yes/No * Do you like classroom competetions and games? Big yes. - T clarifies the game instruction that: * the attached sentences are wrong * Correct answers are in the next room * Ss will run one by one to pick up only one answer and stick it on the paper, and that the second runner starts once the previous answer is stuck. - SS play the game. - Display the answer key on baord.
- Give pictures of some popular familly related movies. - Have ss taking some notes to form a short story. - T ICQs: are we goig to work in groups? No * Are we going to write a long story? NO, just taking notes. - Have ss mingling and guess each others stories.