When & Where
To provide a controlled listening practice for gist and detailed comprehension.
To review and practice collocations related to daily routines
Procedure (21-45 minutes)
- The teachers projects some pictures related to his daily routine. - The teacher elicits phrases from students based on the projected pictures. - The teacher mimes to help students to guess what the pictures about?
-Give students the text (handout 1) and ask them the first exercise. - Do a WCFB to explain the needed vocabulary for SS to understand the text
- Ask students to work in pairs and guess what is different Laura's day in London and her day in Spain? - Do this by giving students a true/false exercise . (handout 2) - Play the audio and them check their answers as a FB.
- Give students a timetable for Laura's English day (HO3) and Spanish day. - Play the audio and have them complete the times for Laura's Spanish day. - You might use the part of the English day as a demonstration to help students understand the task. - Ask them to check their answers in pairs before you do WC FB.
- the teacher gives SS handout 4 which includes a chart and cuts. - The teacher asks SS to stick cuts in the right column. - Make sure SS check their answers with before you do WC FB. - Ask students to use the same phrases to form a typical day and then compare with a partner.
- Give students HO 5 which includes the "your day" timetable. - Have them complete it by themselves, then talk to their partner about their routines and see what's in common.