7C - Job Selection, Writing Skill
To provide process writing practice of a summary in the context of Star sign
To provide fluency and accuracy speaking practice in a conversation in the context of Star sign
Procedure (34-44 minutes)
- Ask the group to sit in a circle. The first person introduces himself/herself with a descriptive word that starts with the same letter as his/her name e.g. I’m Merry Marcin; I’m Crazy Chris, I’m Happy Henry, etc - Each person in turn then says the name of the first person, then the second, etc., then adds his/her own name e.g. “You are Merry Marcin; Crazy Chris, Happy Henry and I am Loud Lydia.
- Ask SS what star sign are you? Think of three people you know. what are their start sign? - SS read the star sign HO and look for their sign and for three people they know? - Ask if they agree with the information. - Also ask SS to circle the adjective for the selected sign and get meaning for selected adjectives in pairs.
- SS choose their descriptive sign by reading their sign and choose the adjective that describe it well. - T monitor and give instant feedback, cause in next step SS will start using the selected adjective in their text. - Once students understand the adjectives, they are asked (on the worksheet) to choose three traits they agree with and two they disagree with. SS should provide a reason and/or an example for each of these chosen traits.
- Have SS share their descriptive adjectives in pairs, citing the reasons why they agree or disagree with their chosen traits. - Ask SS to now complete their family star sign by using the chosen adjective and come out with the final summary of their family star sign. - T monitors and correct error if need.
- When SS are done writing about their sign, T will collect each student’s paper and pass them out to different SS. SS will read each other’s writings and try to figure out whose writing it is. - T corrects and explains the mistakes of some sentences.