It's my favourite
develop their skills of listening for gist and specific information in the context of clothing
prepare and then give a talk on fashion and clothing
Procedure (38-50 minutes)
- Engage sts to the lesson - Sts discuss about the topic( i.e Do you like fashion? Why? )
- T introduce new vocabulary (clothes) - Sts try to guess the word related to the picture (meaning, form) - Sts pronounce the new words about clothing abd colors( model, highligt, drill) (CD2 T54-55) - Sts do the matching activity individually. - Sts check their answers in pairs. - T provides FB and error correction.
- Sts look again at the photos and put people in the order. (CD2 T56) - T set the task ( i.e What does each person never wear?) - Sts listen again for detail and try to find out the question - T provides feedback and asks Sts to give reasons for their answers
- Sts look at the photos once again. They try to remember the people's names and their clothes. - In pairs, student A close your book. Student B, ask i.e what do they wear? / What does young boy wear? - They swap and Student A ask to Student B. - T monitors and provides feedback if necessary
- T changes pairs and writes on the WB : usually wear , sometimes wear, never wear - Sts discuss with their pairs ( i.e Which clothes and colours do you ..... wear? / I sometimes wear boots./ I never wear pink.) - T monitors and provides feedback. - If time, T gives HO of a 'Who's wearing that' game. - In groups of three, they have different copy of the pictures. - Sts have to describe the clothes to eachother and find who else in the group has got the same picture. - T provides FB.