FACTS AND FIGURES
Vocabulary for website and email addresses.
To provide practice of listening for gist and specific detail.
Procedure (8-44 minutes)
Introduce yourself to students and check that you know their names.
- Teacher will dictate the email addresses and websites. - students will listen and repeat the email addresses. -Elicit what these are (websites or email addresses). -put the answers on the board. (FB)
- Chest the pictures of the symbols in (EX2). - Ask students if they know these symbols. - Teacher elicits the pronunciation by asking students how do we pronounce these symbols?
-Dictate your professional email and tell students you happy to be contacted via it. - Ask students to form pairs and decide who is A and who is B. - Instruct students (As) to take handout 2((page126) and dictate the website and email addresses to (Bs) -Instruct students (Bs) to take handout 3(page128) and dictate the website and email addresses to (As) -
- Ask students to look at the three pictures (handout 3)and say the location of each one.
-Focus on the three pictures and ask students to say what they are. -Explain they will only hear two conversations and have to decide the location of each. - Ask them to match the pictures to the correct conversation.(one pic is not needed)
- Ask students to look at the forms(Ex2) . -Elicit the type of information they will need to complete each part(e.g nights is number). -Students listen again to complete the form. -Ask students to find what the problem is in the second conversation.
- Give students a small piece of paper and have them write their email address and favorite website(but not their names). -Make sure they do not show their partner. -Collect all of the papers and redistribute them. -Have students stand up and mingle-they should say the email address and website untill they find the person who wrote it. -specify that students should not show each other their papers- they must speak