CELTA YLE TP 4
To provide gist reading practice using a text about Dreams in the context of Ayse's dream
To provide gist reading practice using a text about Ayse's dream in the context of answering Comprehension questions
To provide fluency speaking practice in a conversation in the context of a piece of dialogue from the reading
To provide inference reading practice using a text about Dreams in the context of comprehension
Procedure (38-50 minutes)
1) Give picture of Ayse's dream. 2) Give them Lead in- questions of pictures (1) 3) Model that they have to cross the wrong one out from the picture, E.G. My name is Darren My name is Moslem 4) They have to look at the worksheet and see which one is correct 5) After lead in: CCQ: Who is she ? (Ayse) Who is the women in white? ( The women in ayse's dream) What is that? (A black dog) What is happening? Is she dreaming? is she Playing football?
1) Write on the w/b- WHO IS IN AYSE"S DREAM? 2) Give them the reading text .Part A 3) SS will read the text individually 4) Give the comprehension questions to SS to answer (2c) 5) Elicit the 3 answers from the questions 6) After they answer- tell students to finish of the sentences by writing the message. This will be done as a group work activity 7) If they can not or if there is time: Give a jumbled sentences as labels and ask the group to work out the message.- Scrambling the message
1) Comprehension Questions. 2) Write "WHAT IS THE WOMEN ON THE WALL OF THE HOUSE CALLED? ( THE WHITE LADY) 3) Give them or unfold the dialogue part ( part b). 4) Model the dialogue with a strong ss.( T-S) (Buse?) 5) Then get SS to do the dialogue between themselves (role playing)
1) Then give comprehension question 7-8.
1) Give them the puzzle task. which is related to the story
1) In groups tel students to complete the dialogue 2) from i'm fine............