To provide gist, detailed and inference reading practice using a text about Secrets in the context of The Tricks of the the Trade
To provide fluency speaking practice in a Secrets in the context of t
Procedure (37-54 minutes)
- T shows a video about some magic tricks. - Whole class discussion about the content of the video.
- T sets prediction task. - T hands SS HO1. - T instructs SS that they are going to work in groups and predict what is the content of the text they are going to read, by answering the questions in HO1 - WCFB - T pre-teachs vocabulary
- T asks SS to read the text and answer those question - T sets two minutes for this task. - Hands HO2 -T instructs SS to work alone, then compare their answers with their partners. - WCFB -T projects answers.
- T asks SS to read the text and give the best explanation of this statement "the secret is really out of the bag" - Group discussion -WCFB
-T hands SS HO3 that includes true\false statements. -T instructs SS to work individually to answer them. - SS work in pairs to comapre their answers - WCFB -T projects the answers
- T hands SS HO 4 . -T instructs SS to work in groups to guess the meaning of those words. - WCFB - T projects answers
-T projects three questions on board, and instructs SS to work in groups and discuss them.