Beginner A1 level
To provide gist, specific information and inference reading practice related to the context of "living in Vancouver"
To provide fluency in speaking and writing using the Target Language
Procedure (53-68 minutes)
- T displays PP on WB describing trip to Vancouver - T pre teach key vocabulary words - skiing - weather - golf - Cycling - mountains - house/apartment - T elicits response from Ss by asking them to he/she about places in Turkey that you can do these activities - How is the weather in Turkey/Istanbul - Is there anywhere to go skiing in Turkey - Does anyone sunbath - T drills vocabulary with Ss
- T gives HO (pg 62 ex 1) to Ss - T provides ICQs to Ss - Are you working alone/pairs (alone) - T models to Ss what he/she wants done (writes three random works and pretends to hear one word and writes a check next to it) - Ss will listen to T8.10 audio recording. - Ss will put a check next to each word they hear in the recording - T will display a PP of HO( pg 62 ex 1) - Ss will come up one by one on the board and check one of the words they hear in the text - This is how the answer key will be provided to them.
- Ss will listen by themselves and answer questions - T will ask ICQs - This time are you working by yourself or in pairs ? - What section of the HO are you doing, 1 or 2 ? - T will play T8.10 recording (pg 62) and Ss will answer questions in pairs on HO ex 2 (pg62) - T will play audio recording multiple times and will also leave up previous PP to give Ss key words to listen for in the recording. - Ss will then check their neighbors answers. - T will provide answer key on WB
- T will provide instructions for Ex 3 (pg62) of Ho - Listen to four conversations - by your self - T will model on the board by pretending to listen to a conversation - T will write down on the board what the conversation is about and who is he talking to - The Ss will listen to 4 conversations involving Steve - Working alone Ss will fill HO EX3 (pg62)
- T put on WB criteria for speaking/writing assignment - since many will use Istanbul change it to neighborhood (kadikoy/besiktas) - Where do you live ? - What is there in your neighborhood? - What do you do there with your friends? - Where do you go shopping? - How do you travel ? - is it a good place to live ? -T put Ss in pairs and asks them to ask these questions to their partner and write down what they wrote. - Ss will discuss what neighborhood their partner lives in and what they think about it. - T monitors any mistakes for feedback/error correction
- Using the same question guide lines Ss will work in pairs - Instead of talking about their neighborhood, Ss will interview their partner about a town they would like to visit. - They will ask each other same questions and then talk about the city their partner talked about