house stuff. countable and uncountable, How much and How many
Elementry A2 level
Grammar, the correct usage of How much and How many
listening and speaking. To give a chance to students to use the Grammar in thier daily routines.
Procedure (31-44 minutes)
- T puts a table in the middle of the class that there are different countable and uncountable things on it. - T asks them what they see. - Students may tell the names of objects only. - T elicit some/any. (affirmative,negative,question). - T asks students to work in pairs about what they see.
-T gives students a piece of paper with three questions -T tells students that they are going to listen to the conversation and answer the questions. - T asks the whole class to check their answers in pairs and share them with class.
- T tells students they are going to listen again for specific information and fill in the gaps individually. CCQs: - T asks "Why do we listen?" - T asks "do we need to understand whole conversation or just some specific information?" - T asks "Do we show our paper to our partner?" - T plays the audio -T asks students to check their answers with their partner. -T asks some of the students to write answers on the board.
- T put students in groups of two. - T gives students a hand out with two questions and two different answers on each. - T asks each group to fill in the gaps. - T asks group A to ask the question and asks group B to answer.then group B asks question and group A answers.
- T shows the form of the grammar through projector - T licit the rules. - Students find out the rules. - T gives two questions.( we use ........................with countable nouns .we use .............................. with uncountable nouns).
- T asks students to make five questions on their own using How many/How much and words they have already learnt. - T asks them to do the activity individually. - T asks CCQs. how many questions do you write? -T asks CCQs .Do you make questions using how many and how much? - T gets students to ask their partner.
- T puts the students in groups of four . - T shows them a picture of furniture shop via projector. - T asks students to imagine they are in that shop and chooses on shopkeeper,one cashiers and two customers. - T asks students to play their roles using how many /how much and vocabulary they have already learnt. - the students ask and answer their questions in their groups.
If any,T writes some mistakes on the board and the students elicit the correct form and meaning.