3D - Food I like, Vocabulary & Skills.
SS will learn the new vocabulary words and use them correctly in a sentence and understand their meaning in text.
Listening and speaking: SS will practice the learned vocabulary words in speaking and will also learn how to pronounce those words properly in context to listening.
Procedure (30-45 minutes)
- Have all SS stand in a circle. Use a plastic ball and toss it to one S. - T starts by saying one food item name and throws to another S. - The S then throws to another S and says a different food item. - In this way all SS participate and keep giving food items names.
- Food items picture is shown on white board and SS name each food item. - T models the pronunciation and stress. - SS listen to audio and repeat each word (SsBk, page-28,ex-1b). - SS complete the exercise (SsBk, page-28,ex-1a) in pair. - T monitor and checks the answers with the WC.
- Start by explaining to SS that you will be playing a guessing game. - Let SS know that you will be giving them three clues to try to guess which vocabulary word you are describing. - Give SS three clues to describe the vocabulary. For example: - the first clue: “Its dark drown in color.” - next clue: “you drink it every morning.” - The third: “it keeps you awake and active.” - Answer: Coffee
- Elicit SS about the food they like and love the most. - T introduce new verbs "like, love, eat and drink". - SS work in pair and complete gap filling followed by speaking, then SS complete the verb activity (SsBk,page-28,ex-3). - T corrects the answers with WC. - SS listen to audio track 70 and practice it.
- Short introduction of Nick and Fiona from previous lesson. - SS will listen to Fiona and individually choose the correct answer. - later, SS compare their answers in pairs. - T can monitor and correct answers with WC.
- SS will walk around in class and ask each other about the food they like most by using verb "like, love, drink and eat". T can monitor and record errors.