Chnour, The Land Of Brave
Upper_intermediate B2 level
Vocabulary. To provide clarification and practice of vocabulary related to freedom in a society.
Toprovide fluency speaking practice in a discussion in the context of politics
Procedure (34-45 minutes)
- The students are shown two pictures which represent the topic of the lesson - The students are asked to look at the pictures and come up with any relevant idea about them - Students share their ideas to the whole class - The teacher tries to get them more involved by asking some questions about the pictures - The teacher elicit some of the words which they need to use in forthcoming activities - Students are put into pairs to discuss two questions which are given as a handout
- The students are given a handouts in which there are a couple of sentences with missing words. - They are asked to fill in the gaps individually - After a limited time the teacher has them to discuss their answers in pairs - For the feedback I ask the students in turn to give the answers to the WC.
- There is another handouts in which 8 sentences are written with two different part of speech of a new word - The students are instructed to find the correct form of the word individually - The teacher gives them enough time to make the right guess. - The students are paired with different partner - They discuss the answers and the teacher asks them to walk round the class and check the other pairs' answers - In the end the teacher provide them with the students with the answers to save the time
- The students are asked to have a piece of paper and the list of the new words with different part of speech - They are asked to answer the question in "how can we fight against crime in a society?" in a short paragraph using the new words. - After a limited time they swap their writing with a student from the other group and they have to find the problem with their writing - One or two of the students are randomly chosen to read their paragraph to the class and elicit the others' ideas
- The students are given handouts including two questions. - They discuss the sentences in excercise 2 with different partner - The teacher takes notes of their mistakes and in the end writes them on the board - The teacher elicit the correct answers