TP3- Model Behaviour
To provide clarification and practice of language used for Addition in the context of fashion
To provide gist and detailed listening practice using a text about models in the context of fashion
Procedure (33-45 minutes)
- Show some pictures of models and their lifestyle. - HO discussion questions. - SS discuss the questions in pairs.
- Elicit the word "slang" ( informal, spoken English, restricted to special contexts) - T ask CCQs (Is it formal or informal? etc.) - HO matching exercise. - SS match the slang words with their synonyms in pairs. - SS check their answers using the answer key.
Gist Listening: - Explain students that they are going to listen to an interview about a model - HO exercise one and tell students to put the topics in order while listening. - SS listen to the interview and put the topics in order. - SS check their answers in pairs. - WC checks the answers on the board. Detail Listening: - HO exercise 3. - Explain students that they are going to write four important words for each question - Listen to the interview again. - SS compare and discuss their answers in pairs. - T may write some suggested answers on the board.
- Students work in groups. - Write the question "Do you think supermodels deserve the high salaries they receive?" - Have students discuss the question in their groups.
- HO guided discovery task. - SS work in pairs and look at the first part. - SS read the sentences and answer the questions with their partners. - T checks the answers on the board and repeats CCQs. - SS look at the second part and work in pairs again. - SS read the sentences and answer the questions in pairs. - T check the answers on the board and repeats CCQs. - SS complete the third and the last part in pairs. - T checks the answers on the board and repeats CCQs. - Drill pronunciation ( Besides, On top of that, What's more etc.)
- HO exercise for controlled practice. - SS choose the correct linker to complete the sentences. - SS check their answers in pairs. - HO answer key for students to check their answers.
- SS work in groups of 3. - Show HO and instruct to students to think about the question for a minute and share their ideas within their groups. - Remind SS to use linkers for addition. - HO the questions, - Ask SS to share some interesting ideas.