Daily Routine, Present Simple
To introduce the (positive - question) structure of the present simple with the subject (I - you - we - they) in the context of daily routine.
Integrated skills, Listening, and Daily routine vocabularies
Procedure (37-49 minutes)
- T show SS HO1 with the reading text in it, he will do that by chesting to make sure that SS can only see the photos on the HO. - T will demonstrate a picture on the board asking the Ls to brainstorm the reading passage topic - By handing the Ls a blank piece of paper, T will ask the Ls to think about five words thy might see in the text. ICQs: are you working alone or with a partner? Are you writing sentences or words? Possible answers (get up/weak up - breakfast - work - morning - job - eat - clock)
- T will give HO1 to Ls asking them to check their brainstormed words. - T will ask the students to give sentences that contain their words. - T will write three sentences on the W/b. sentences will be written on the W/b: 1. I get up at five o'clock. 2. I have my first coffee of the day. 3. We have lunch at twelve. (PS: same sentences in the analysis HO) - T will ask the Ls to do the listening ex. T will be pausing the audio to check if the Ls are on track. - T will provide the Ls with a visual answer key on the projector.
- T will present the analysis HO to the Ls pointing to the three sentences in question (1) - T will drill the three sentences -T will ask the Ls to answer the question in (1) with their partner. ICQs: are you working alone? are going to do all the exs? - FB will be given by the Ls on the W/b. - T will ask the Ls to write sentences about their daily routine in question (2) - T will elicit the form of Present simple in question (3) - Ls will be grouped in three to do question (4) by a representative from each group.
- T will use the three sentences in the analysis HO to elicit the question of each sentence. - T will drill the elicited questions
- T will display the third ex on the W/b. - The ex will be done on the W/b by a representative from each group. - HO3 will be given to the Ls, and the ex will be done individualy. - FB will be displayed by a pictured answer key on the projector.
- Ls will be regrouped (a dominant student in each group) - Ls will practice the TL through a speaking ex. - Ls will be told to ask each other and answer questions about their daily routine. ICQs Are you working in pairs? Are you going to talk about the past?