jurneys, phrasal verbs
To provide clarification of phrasel verbs in the context of joureys
To provide fluency speaking practice in a conversation, in the context of joureys
Procedure (35-45 minutes)
- ask ss what the meaning of "pick it up" and get their answers - pick up the back pack -show the back pack to ss -ask; Why do they think I have it? What am I going to do with it? -After their answers tell them; Okey.. Now I will tell you a story about my journey to Spain
- T gives the HO to the ss. - Individually they read it. -t takes ss attention on the bold verbs. `went on` `woke up ` `pack up ` `picked up` found out` `calm down` get it back` -Asks what they are. (Phrasal Verbs after ss answers writes in the board) -T demonstrates the keywords of the phrasal verbs for the first one. -T for the rest ss kind and come to board and underline them( with green board marker) -As a PW they match the meaning of the phrasal verbs and their meanings. -T shows the HO on the projector. - T picks one s randomly to the board and asks to match the phrasal verbs to their meanings. -After S is finished gives board marker to an other S.
- t writes the sentences on Ex1. "He was able to store the problem out " They came across the bear near the river" "Tizio got over his injury." "Their families and friends saw them off" "The van picked her up after only a few minutes" " The van dropped her off near the fishing line" ( phrasal verbs will be with red) - makes Ss tell what kind of differences they can see - t elicit the differences between separable and inseparable phrasal verbs with CCQ `Can you see the pronouns?` `Are they placed in front of the verb or behind?` `Are they behind the verbs or between the verb and prepositions?` - PW ss find the separable and inseparable phrases. - T takes ss answers.
- t gives the HO1 with ex 1 (Match the Phrasal Verbs to definition), 3 (put it in the correct place) - HO would be shown on the projector. - For the Ex1 ss say their answers one by one. -For the Ex3 they change compare their answers with a partner. - Ss come to board to write their answers on the board.
- T puts them as pairs. - Gives the HO2. - They fill in the gaps - They discuss their answers with their patner