Creative Thinking Lesson
Pre-Intermediate (A2 +) level
To provide mostly fluency but also accuracy in speaking practices in personal conversations.
To provide process and product about being creative in imaginary real life scenarios.
Procedure (42-56 minutes)
1. T will demonstrate the poster of "Think Big, Dream Big" as the introduction realis of the class. 2.T will ask Ss the question "What is your biggest dream?" and present it on the w/b. 3. In order to break the ice and give Ss a bunch of ideas and path to begin with, T will briefly answer the question and explain his/her biggest dream- might be an imaginary one. 4. Ss will be asked to talk in pairs about their biggest dreams.
1. Ss will be asked to share their each other's pairs' biggest dreams witth the rest of the class in order to practice speaking skills as much as possible. 2. T will give feedback on the less accuracy but focus on the fluency of the Ss. 3. After completing the sharing, T will introduce the new topic of the day as mentioning "What if you could have chance to have your biggest dreams?".
1. T will ask about Ss' biggest dreams one by one, again, but this time in short forms. (e.g., being a millionaire, time-travelling, being invisible, reading mind and etc.) 2. Then, T will write some of them on w/b with gaps between each other. 3. And T will lastly write her/his own biggest dream in short forms on w/b. 4. Then, will make the sentence in If Conditional Type 2 (e.g. If I had enough money, I would settle in the South of France, and etc.)
1. Ss will be taken into groups of four and they will be expected to write their own biggest dreams now by using the If Conditionals Type 2 structure. 2 T will be monitoring.
1. Ss will tell about their group partners' to the whole class. 2. Then, Ss will write their sentences in If Conditionals Type 2 on w/b. 3. T will correct the errors in sentence. 4. Class drilling.
1. T will present and clarify the meaning, the form and the pronunciation of If Conditionals Type 2 on w/b. 2. Class drilling. 3. T will make sure that the Ss get the difference between and the features of If Clause and Main Clause of the sentence within the Past Simple and Would + verb 1.
1. Ss will be taken into groups in two groups. 2. They will be given Flash Cards of "What Would You Do?" Questions withing imaginary scenarios of real life, circumstances and situations. 3. They will be asked to make up and come up with ideas by using If Conditionals Type 2. 4. After discussing in two groups, all Ss will come together in a circle and every group member will tell their partnes's creative thinking answer to their classmates 5. T will monitor, make drilling and give feedback on fluency and accuracy.