would you like ?
To provide clarification and practice of Would you like? Yes, please. / No, thanks. in the context of food
To provide fluency and accuracy speaking practice in a conversation in the context of offering and ordering food and drinks
Procedure (36-52 minutes)
* Review food and drinks vocabulary ( pasta, bread, cereal, meat, melon, cucumber, onion, lemon,apple, egg, rice, biscuits, orange, fries,etc.) * Review countable and uncountable nouns in the context of food eg : a melon / some melons an apple / some apples some water , rice, pasta...
* say: I'd like _____________, please. * Point to one of the Ss and ask : Would you like a biscuit? * Mime : Yes, please. / No, thanks. * Repeat the question with other Ss. * Ask Ss to put their hands up in the air if they answer Yes, please. or cross arms if they answer No, thanks.
* Write on the board: I'd like_________, please. What would you like to _eat /drink_? * write on the board : Would you like a / an / some ____________? Yes, please.( positive answer ) No, thanks.( negative answer )
T elicits and explains that I'd like means I want . T clarifies that I'd is the contractive form of I would like . T drills
*T models the TL and demonstrates the speaking task. * Ss practice speaking using the TL : Ss ask and answer questions S1-What would you like to eat/drink? S2- I'd like a / an / some ____________, please. S1- Would you like a /an / some __________? S2- Yes, please. / No, thanks.
* Ss practice the TL through a grammar task on the Work Book
* Ss practice speaking the TL through a dialogue ( waiter- customers ) * T monitors
T monitors and takes note of Ss errors when using the TL and correct them.