Dreams and reality,Grammar
Upper Intermediate B2 level
To provide review, clarification and practice of conditional clauses in the context of dreams and reality
• By the end of this lesson they will be able to produce sentences about conditional clauses
Procedure (31-50 minutes)
The teacher asks Ss that what they can remember about the previous session that was about "I'm living the American Dream."
- The Ss will be asked to read the audio-script that Rebecca gave them, and try to find the conjunctions such as 'unless, providing, as long as, even if" -Whole class feedback
The students will be asked to match the tenses with the appropriate definitions in pairs. whole class feedback
- Choosing some sentences taken from the text “it is possible to live the American Dreams as long as you have lots of money“ The T will ask some CCQs (as a task) the answer of which the Ss should guess : 1
- The Ss will be given a matching exercise, to match the sentences and the missing parts of the clauses; which will be done in pairs. whole class feedback.
- The Ss will do a fill-in-the blank activity which is about dreams and reality. -The T will ask them to look for clues for each answer they will give. - They will have a pair-check. - The T will nominate Ss to give the feedback and have some elaborations and clarifications.
- The Ss will complete the sentences by using the conjunction. - They will have a pair check. - whole class feedback.
At this stage, T asks Ss to close their eyes and imagine and think about when they were 9 years old and try to remember what their parents said them in order to encourage them to work or study harder. Then they should imagine that they are 20-30 years old and get married and have some children and now what would they say to their children to encourage them to do better?