To provide review and practice of expressing frequency in the context of weekend activities
To provide fluency speaking practice in a conversation activities in the context of every day life at home survey
Procedure (37-51 minutes)
In order to link with the previous lesson which Ss will work on prepositions of time, 1. T chooses one student asks "What do you do on Sundays?" According to their reply, asks, "How often do you ..... (the activity)?" 2. T tells Ss to work in pairs and ask these questions to each other (Max 5 mins) Meanwhile teacher monitors to find out any mistakes Ss make to focus in the next stage.
1. T distributes "Weekend Activities" text. Asks Ss to fill in the Survey Form in pairs. 2. T changes the pairs and ask new pairs to check the answers
1. T writes the frequency expressions on the board: Every day/week/year/month: "I go to English course on Saturdays". T asks what Saturdays mean? Rewrites as "I go to English course every Saturday". Once/Twice a day/a week/a year/a month Three times a day/a week/a year/a month Several times a day/a week/a year/a month 2. Asks questions to elicit the meaning of each. 3. Drills and model for pronunciation 4. Asks to elicit where these expressions are placed in the sentence
1. T distributes handouts rewrite handout and asks Ss to rewrite the sentences in pairs by using the expressions in the box. 2. T writes the example on the board and shows how they will do it 3. T asks Ss to pair check 4. T nominates 5 Ss to read their answer 5. T asks Ss at each answer if it is correct, if wrong asks Ss to correct and if they can't T corrects on the board
1. T distributes a worksheet containing ten sentences and chooses pairs. 2. T tells Ss to decide which sentences are true or false for their partners. 3. Then Ss tell their partner their answers, e.g. I think, once in a year, you eat in a restaurant. Their partner tells them if they are right or wrong. If the answer is wrong, the partner tells the correct answer.
1. T distributes hand-out to guide Ss in order to make a Survey in the class by asking questions using "How often?" and then present the answers obtained. 2. T notes the mistakes if Ss ever make and then corrects them on the board