Teaching Practice 3
Upper Intermediate B2 level
To give students practice in vocabulary with the context of 'Parents&Children'
To expand the students vocabulary on the given topic with speaking activities in context of parenthood.
Procedure (38-44 minutes)
- Show a picture and elicit the ideas - Find out how many students are parents. - Ask students the describe being a parent. - Write ' Parenthood' on the board and check what students know. - Write ' I think being a parent can be very .............. because ....' on the board. - Ask Ss to think about it, select the adjective they agree and work in pairs and select the adjective they agree and discuss it in groups.
- Ask students to look at the vocabulary in the box - Do the first two examples with students - Ask Ss to work individually before checking in pairs. - Give feedback by categorizing, focusing on pronunciation, highlighting word stress and drilling.
- Ask Ss to work in pairs. - Tell them to choose two or three words and discuss what they think parents meant by these words in ex.1 - Ask students to support their ideas.
- Divide students into groups of 3. - Ask them to match the words with the meanings. - Give feedback by drilling , focusing on pronunciation and stress - Test their knowledge again by using exercise 4. - After giving instructions, ask a volunteer to come and give their own example on the board. - Ask students to work in pairs and find examples for each parent behaviours. - Ask the rest of the group to write down which word it is.
- Give Ss HO3 and get them speak about the topic
- After observing the students , note some errors on the board - Let students find mistakes.