Vocabulary: Things you like and you don't like
Elementary, A1 A2 level
To provide practice of Things you line/don't like in the context of everyday activities
To provide fluency speaking practice in a semi controlled practice in the context of Weekend activities, Favorite music
To provide practice of Verbs of liking + -ing in the context of hobbies
Procedure (30-45 minutes)
1) T shows picture on the screen PPT 1&2 and says, " I likes animals, and I watch discovery channel at weekends. "I love cooking. I usually make Italian food" "What about you? What do you do at weekends?" 2) T divides students into 4 groups, and asks them to ask each other. 3) T elicits some of the answers.
1) Ss are asked to "Work alone and match the words to the picture" . (Ss have already seen the intended vocabularies; however, in case T notices any problem during activity monitoring, he will clarify the meaning through PPT slides.) 2) T asks students to check their answers in pairs. 3) T elicits the correct answers orally.
1) Teacher shows an (empassioned) emoticons on screen (PPT3) and says "I ......... shopping for clothes", "I ....... Chinese food." T tries to elicit the words "love" and "hate" while showing their degree of intensity on the screen. 2)T shows paper strips and tells students "work in groups and put them in order" ICQ: "Will you work alone?" 3) T distribute a series of paper strips on which example sentences with verbs of like \ dislike are written. 4) Ss work in groups. 5) T asks the group which has finished sooner to stick their strips on the board. 6) T discusses the elicited answers with the rest of the class to check their answers.
1) Ask ss to look again to their HO. 2) Teacher tells them : "Talk about these things with your friend. Do you like the same thing?" 3) Teacher shows a PPT 4slide 5 on which a typical dialogue is written. T then models the conversation with one of the ss. 4) T ask ss to work in pairs. ICQ 5) T elicits some answers and writes them on the board PPT5.
1) T shows a picture of celebrities on PPT6. 2) T ask students "Who do you like in this picture?" & "What kind of music do you like?" 3) T ask ss to write 4 sentences about the pictures. 4)T tells them to stand and mingle and find 3 people with the same idea. 5) T gives feedback on form and content by putting ill-formed sentences on the board and asking ss to correct them.