Present perfect continous vs. Present perfect simple
To provide clarification and review of Present perfect - continous and simple - in the context of Life changes
To provide accuracy speaking practice in a Conversation in the context of Life changes
Procedure (44-43 minutes)
* ask them if they remember my name * ask their names one by one and try to learn
* ask them if they remember what the text was about . * get into some details like : what changes has Maria seen ? , What has she been doing recently ?
* ask them what thay can remember about present perfect continous from yesterday lesson . * ask them what the difference is between present perfect continous and present perfect simple . * put them into groups of three . * give them stripes of paper with example of both forms and the definitions of both forms written on them . * explain the activity and they match the examples with the definitions . * monitor the activity . * give them the answer key .
* ask them to read the text in exercise 1 on page 71 , and tell them not to worry about the gaps . * ask them what the text is about . * pair them up and get them to do the exercise . * get feedback and check the answers .
* ask them if they remember what Maria did in preparation for her birthday party . * personilze the topic and ask them what they do in prepration for a party . * tell them to look at the picture in exercise 2 on page 71 , put them in small groups and ask them to say what the people in the picture have been doing recently . * for feedback , ask each group to read 2 sentences out loud .
* divide them into 2 group As and 2 group Bs . * give the HO for speaking exercises on pages 128 and 131 . * tell them to discuss the questions in their groups . * monitor them . * make notes of errors they make with the TL .
* ask them ıf they can come up with the structure of the 2 forms .