Teaching Practice 2
Vocabulary: To introduce and practice collocations with 'have' in the context of short conversations about family members.
Procedure (40-53 minutes)
- T puts pics of what T has on the WB - T: "What are these?" - Ss guess in PW - FB: WC tells T, T clarifies "I have a..."
- T places pics on floor, "What are these?" - PW: guess the pics. - T hands out vocab pics - FB: T places the items on the board, Ss call out the names. - Ss practice pronunciation.
- Instruction: T calls 2 Ss of two diff Pairs to race and get pic. Then winning Ss calls two other Ss and names the word
- T places pics on board and mimics pics are hers to elicit students to say "you have a..." - T writes : [I have a dog, I have a brother, I have a bike, I have plants] - T writes: [What do you have?] - T calls S and asks "What do you have?" - S WB: [I have a...]
- Instructions: T: "write 3 things you have" - ICQ: "How many, 2? 5?" "About you? me?" "write? or talk?" - S indiv write, T checks - PW: check and ask "what do you have" to each other - FB: T asks 4 (WEAK) Ss "What do you have"
- T calls S with same things as T - T asks "What do you have?" S asks too and T says two same things. - Ss realize they are the same things. - T: [We have the same things] - T: [Do we/you have the same things?] pointing to T and S, then pointing to Pairs - PW: they ask each other - FB: T asks 3 Pairs "Do you have the same things, How many?"
- Instructions: T calls S and asks S "what do you have?", then points S to ask other sitting Ss until S finds other S with atleast 2 of THE SAME things. - ICQ: How many things, 1? 2? yes 3? yes" - WC stands up
- T asks one Pair of students "what do you have? & What does s/he have?" - T writes [Q: What do you/does s/he have?] - [A: I have / s/he has...] - Ss practices pronunciation
- Instructions: GW of 4 Ss, Students ask each other "What does s/he have"
- T Plays Recording - Ss write answers, PW check - Instructions: GW 4Ss, T calls 3 Ss, Names S1 S2 S3, Ss repeat recording words, Ss say DIFF words x2 rounds - ICQ: "How many rounds, 1? 3?" - FB: T asks 1S of each Group for words
- Instructions: Fold paper and read quietly. - ICQ: "Whole page?" "Talk? Read?" - Handout paper with my 3 friends/familyM - Ss indiv read handout - PW: discuss handout - FB: T: "Who's friend/brother/M&F?"
- Instructions: Turn papee. Write about 3 friends you have. - ICQ: "2? 4? friends you have?", "About my friends? or Your friends?". - PW: share about your friends
- Instructions: T calls S1 up. Tells S1 to choose another S and share. S1 finds 2 other Ss. - ICQ: "To how many Ss? 1? 2?" - WC mingle.