Reading lesson within the context of Remakes
Bignneres A1 level
To provide gist and detailed reading practice using a text about Remakes, making a hit movie or tv show, for a second time and third ...et in the context of Remakes, making a hit movie or tv show, for a second time and third ...et
To provide fluency speaking practice in a to provide Ss with a chance to practise the productiv skill of speaking in the context of Remakes, making a hit movie or tv show, for a second time and third ...et
Procedure (45-55 minutes)
* Greet students, ask them about their day. * ask Ss if they like watching Tv or go to cinema * ask them about the pictures ( have you seen this movie..?) * try to elicit the word (remake)from Ss.
* after eliciting the word (remake) write it down on the board (Remake=make again )it's a noun here and countable. * select some words from text for pre teaching vocab. * the words are (origin, detectives), write them on the board try to elecit their meanings from students.
* ask students to read the text and find out in (1,2 minutes) what is the text is about * ask students to read again individually and then they work in pairs to match the pictures with the text. * the years are taught briefly and drilled. * an exercise is handed out to students after reading and they are asked to complete the sentences with words from text. *Students are asked "do you know the Hollywood remakes from the text a do you like them?" ok then tell a partner.
* Ss are given a task for more reading for detail. * they are ask to find the missing word from the text - The original of King Kong was in......... - ..............was about three women detectives - ..............was in 1996/2000/2006. - The Hollywood remakes were in 1998(.........) and 2005(........) *for feed back Ss will check their answers in pairs. * answers are discussed as a WC.
* students are given a task to work on as a post-reading activity. * the folloing questions will be written on the board; - what was other hollywood remakes do you know? when was it? what was it about? what are the names of American TV series in your language?what is your favourite programme on TV? Is it good idea to remake it for Hollywood? why? why not?