Reading (futurological conference)
Pre-Intermediate, A2 level
Reading (futurological conference) The students will read some paragraphs on the topic of future predictions that include vocabularies such as theory, invention,space, advantage, etc.
To provide an opportunity to speak on the topic of the reading and to teach a few new vocabularies.
Procedure (39-43 minutes)
- First I will ask : "Do you like watching movies?" to prepare them for the pictures of movies. -CCQs: what is it? Are they films? Are they real or fiction? Are they about past, present or future? Are they love stories? Are they science fiction films? - Then I will writ "science fiction films" on the board and will say that they are about future predictions. - After concept checking we will have a short speaking: Which science fiction movies have you seen?/ Do you like it?/ What is it about?
- I will teach a few new vocabularies here( about 3-4, and quickly) - Then pass out HOs after clear instruction and a short ICQs.( They will read the phrases and discuss whether they will happen in the future. -WCFB
- I will pass out HOs (reading) and ask them to skim the text and match the paragraphs with the topics. (after clear instructions and ICQS) Peer-chechin, WCFB
- I will pass out the HOs (after giving clear instructions and ICQs). They will read the reading and answer the Qs. - Peer checking (Mingling)/ WCFB
- I will teach a few vocabularies here (realia and examples will be helpful) - Then I will pass out HOs and ask the Ss to do it individually( complete the sentences by the word given). - Peer checking WCFB
-Here the students will make groups and choose a paragraph from the text and discuss it. WCFB
- In case of having extra time we will play the hangman to practice new vocabulary.