Grade 4 level
TSWBAT to correctly spell and pronounce the animal names to 95% accuracy.
TSWBAT correctly answers questions to a story about Grandpa John to 90% accuracy.
TSWBAT correctly answers the questions in their workbook to 90% accuracy based off their prior knowledge to 90% accuracy.
Procedure (38-57 minutes)
Bell Work: LAWS (Language And Writing Skills) The students will brainstorm information about the Panda bear. The students will write their answers in their notebooks and we will go over them to check their ideas. This will provide the students with the opportunity to talk and write.
- The students will practice their pronunciation and spelling skills. - The students will listen to the word and repeat it twice and then spell it correctly.
- The students will sing the song and practice the vocabulary they did in the previous stage.
- The students will listen to the story about Grandpa John.
- The students will answer questions from the story about Grandpa John.
- The Students will complete pages 5,6,7 in i-Dictionary. - The Students will work in pairs for page 6.
-The finish the lesson and allow the students to check their understanding of the vocabulary. The students will play a matching game to practice the vocabulary.