To provide clarification and practice for the family vocabulary.
To make student skim for gist and scan details in a reading text.
To make SS produce(speak or write) using the family vocabulary.
Procedure (27-41 minutes)
- Hold a picture of a family and ask students what is this. - Put students into groups. - Set a game to elicit the family vocabulary.
- Write a focus question on the board: Where is the family from? - Put students into pairs. - Do feedback with SS.
- Students read the questions on page 34 exercise (2) - Students scan the text. - Students pair-check. - The teacher does the feedback.
- Put students into pairs or groups. - Students speak about families and people in their country. - The teacher monitor the students. - The teacher does the feedback.
- The teacher elicits the pronunciation of some words which contain the schwa sound. - The teacher writes the form on the board. - The students practice them.