Teaching Practice 2
To provide a specific information in a listening practice from a text that includes vocabulary about countries and nationalities.Also, to clarify and practice a grammar structure.
To provide clarification and practice of the grammar structure in the form of listening and speaking activities.
Procedure (28-45 minutes)
- Ask students a bunch of questions about trains: Do you like trains? Have you traveled by train before? Have you got on a wrong train or bus before?
- Tell them we are are going to listen now to the conversation, and while you are listening find the answer to this question - Write the question on the board "What is the problem?" -Pre-teach blocking vocabulary. - Tell them to pair-check before answering the question.
- After they finish pair-checking, I will do a whole class feedback.
- Tell them we are going to listen again and while you are listening try to find the answer to theses questions. - Give them copies of page 26. - Tell them to pair-check while answering.
- Do a whole class feedback.
- Review the positive form of verb to be. - Present the negative form of verb to be.
- Give the students copies of page 27 . - Tell them to do exercises 1 and 2 while pair-checking. - Do the first example for them. - Do a whole class feedback.
- Drill the pronunciation of the verb to be both in the normal and contracted form. - Do the first example for them to clarify. - Tell SS to listen and tick the sentence that they hear. - Tell them to listen again.