To provide fluency and accuracy speaking practice in a negotiation in the context of cultural festivals
To provide clarification and practice of language used for expressing personal ideas in the context of cultural fest
To provide clarification and practice of a few festival vocabulary in the context of culture
Procedure (38-52 minutes)
1) Talk about Yalda in your country. 2) Ask them about festivals in Turkey and the things you can do then. 3) Put them in pairs to discuss. 4) Quick feedback
1) Put 3 pictures about different festivals on the board with 3 questions on the side. name? when? where? clothes? food? what to do? 2) Start talking about the festivals and give certain types of information about each of them. (Live Listening) 3) Ask them to answer the questions in pairs. >>>> quick feedback 4) Ask them to choose which one they would go for and why.>>>>> quick feedback 5) Put some of the useful words and phrases on the board.
1) Put them in 2 or 3 different groups and ask them to make a festival in a way they like. They need to mention all the factors mentioned before. 2) Monitor to help error correction
1) Ask them to write their ideas in a short paragraph. 2) Monitor to help They all should have a paragraph at the end. ICQ Do not forget the inactive students because they are going to be problematic in the next stage.
1) Apple-banana-orange them in each group 2) All the apples represent their festivals in the new group. The same for bananas and oranges. Monitor to help error correction Identify the language they use to express their ideas.
Clarify the 1) meaning CCQ 2) form 3) pronunciation Drill of the language used to express your opinion.
1) Ask them to talk to each other and use the target language to choose the best festival. 2) Monitor >>>> error correction 3) Don't forget the feedback.
Turkish festivals importance