PRESENTACIONES Y DESPEDIDAS
4º, 5º & 6º PRIMARY SCHOOL level
To provide clarification and practice of Present Tense in the context of introductions and describing one self
To provide clarification and practice of descriptions of people and greetings
To provide clarification and practice of Present Tense (verb to be)
To provide clarification of how to say "¿Cuántos años tienes?" (How old are you?)
Procedure (66-98 minutes)
- Welcoming (1 minute) - Name tags (5 minutes) - Greetings (5 minutes) - Hello song (1 minute) - Do exercise routine activity (3 minutes)
- Steve and I introduce ourselves - Steve and I pretend we met in the street and have a little chat - We ask students what greetings they know and we arite them in the board - We will teach them other greetings wth flashcards
- We check what vocabulary the students already know with flash cards - We will describe the picture of a boy and/or a girl (teacher) - We will show the students another picture so they can describe it
Ask your students to stand in a circle. Choose a soft object such as a small ball or soft toy that would be easy for the students to catch. The teacher calls out a topic, for example, 'greetings and descriptions' and the ball is thrown at students at random. The student who catches the ball has to say a word belonging to that category in a few seconds (the teacher decides on the time according to students' levels). If the student fails to say the word or says a word which has been already said, he sits down and is out of the game. You can make it more complicated by changing the topics without warning or by asking the students to say the next word using the last letter of the last word said.
Play the game "Guess my number" People Faces and hair
1. Give your students 9 individual cards. You can give them a piece of paper and have them cut it into 9 pieces (1 inch by 2 inches is definitely big enough), cut the paper yourself beforehand, or assign it as homework. 2. Have the students write down their name on each card. You can also have them write down their phone number, address or class number, as well. 3. When they are finished writing, the students will stand up and walk around the classroom greeting each other. Practice the important phrases before the students move around the room. 4. Every time they "meet" another classmate, they will greet each other and exchange cards. 5. Students will exchange the cards until they no long have their own name cards, but instead 9 different name cards from their friends. 6. Once the students have finished the greeting activity, have them sit down in their seats and make a Bingo card by laying out 3 rows of 3. 7. You, the teacher, will say, "Hello. My name is (your name). Then choose a student in the room and say, "Hello Minsu/Jenny/Johann." 8. All the students who have that person's name card will flip it over. 9. The student you called on will then say, "Hello, my name is Minsu/Jenny/Johann." They will then choose another name card. 10. Repeat until someone gets a Bingo!
- We give the kids a paper with all the vocabulary they must have learnt - Play "Stand on one leg questions" - Sing "Goodbye song" - Do "quick check" Al this is in the Wrap up lesson plan rom ESL KidStuff