To provide listening for gist and specific information in the context of life events
To provide students wtih the opportunity of writing about the important events in their lives
Procedure (37-45 minutes)
- T makes the Ss listen to Hababam Sınıfı's song. And ask what it is. After getting the answers, T shows a picture of Hababam Sınıfı and ask them who is their favorite. - As assumed, most of them will say Kemal Sunal is their favorite, T asks 'Would you like to learn more about his life?'
- Before Tstarts to tell some parts of Kemal Sunal's life, T wants them to listen to her carefully because there is a prize at the end. - T starts telling KemaL Sunal's life by showing the pictures. This stage also includes some vocabulary teaching. (grow up, get married, was born) - After T finishes it, she draws timelines on the board according to the number of the students. (as T will group them). In the middle, there is a picture of Kemal Sunal. - T gives the instruction and gives the papers to the Ss. Ss need to order the important events of his life with their groups and stick it under the time line as fast as they can so that they get the prize. - After they finish, teacher shows the PPT again and they check the answers quickly and gives the prize to the winner.
- T tells students that they going to listen Cheng talking about his life. And ask them to find out where he is now. -After getting the answer, they move on to listen for specific information. - T gives the text and they need to put the sentences in order. - They check the answers together.
- T gives some questions to the students, they need to read it first. - Ss need to listen to it again to find the answer to the questions. After they write their answers, they check them with their pairs. (If needed, T will play it twice.) - They check the answers, and T asks further questions about the people talking.
- As a lead-in for writing, T draws timeline and writes some information about herself and wants them guess what it can be. - T gives them a timeline. They need to think of five important events in their lives and write it to their timelines in 3-4 minutes. - Then, they tell the important events to their partners. Therefore, they will be practicing both their writing and speaking skills. - T asks each of them what they remember about their partner's life. - If there is time left, (as a contingency) T nominates some of the Ss and want them to write an important year and ask others what it can be.