Assessment TP 7
The main aim of this lesson is the (productive skill) speaking to interpret each other's dreams in a role play.
The sub aim of this lesson is listening to a psychologist somebody's dream.
Procedure (39-47 minutes)
- Greet Ss - check names of new Ss. - I will set the context by telling the students about a dream I had yesterday.. - Showing a picture of someone dreaming. - Once the students are introduced to the context, I ask them if they dreamt last night. If they say yes, I elicit at least 1 dream they dreamt about.e.g. I dreamed about I was falling. -I write the dream on board and ask the class if they know what it means. - Ss should get to the word "interpretation".
- In this stage Ss will be thinking of a dream they had the night before. - In pairs Ss will tell each other's dreams and see if they know how to interpret them.
- I show a picture of a patient who had a dream of different things. - In pairs Ss need to name the pictures and guess if they know what they mean in the dream. - Take FB about the pictures. 1.party 2.champagne 3.flowers. 4.violin player. 5. owl. 6. feet - Ss listen to a psychoanalyst talking to the patient interpreting his dreams. - I remind Ss to numer the pictures in the correct order as the psychoanalyst mentions the things.
- In pairs Ss need to match the things in the patient's dream with their interpretations. - I take FB on WB * that you are at a party 2 * that you are drinking champagne 3 * flowers 4 * somebody is playing the violin 5 * owl 6 * you have cold feet 1
- Put Ss in pairs A and B. - Give clear instructions: Each has a different handout. A start by telling B about their dream using the pictures as a guide. B listens and numbers the subject in the box in order A speaks about them. B then interprets A's dream in the order in which the things were mentioned using the notes in the box. - Ss swap roles. - I take FB. - If needed I do error correction.