Upper Intermediate, TP 8 level
The aim of this lesson is childhood. New words will be reviewed and examined in the context of childhood, and the concept of homeland.
The sub-aim of this lesson is the concept of homeland, as it closely relates to childhood.
Procedure (37-49 minutes)
1. SS will be shown a picture of Cyprus and the United States. 2. Teacher will elicit words about why teacher is showing Cyprus and United States.
1. Teacher will recite a short story about himself. 2. Teacher will elicit the word childhood. (It is mentioned in the text that teacher went to elementary school in Cyprus.) 3. HO about teacher.
1. SS will be shown words from text that are used in describing oneself. 2. Words about childhood will be elicited.
1. Words used in describing oneself will be reviewed, new words will be reviewed as well. 2. Poem will be examined. HO will be distributed. 3. New words from poem will be looked at.
1. Write something about yourself and the country where you spent your childhood using reviewed words.
1. Interview your partner about their childhood and homeland.