A perfect day
Elementary A 2 level
To provide fluency speaking practice in a conversation in the context of previous day
To provide practice and review of the past simple tense in the context of a phone conversation and interviewing each other
Procedure (26-45 minutes)
- T puts the students in groups - T tell them that they will match the pictures and verbs about daily routines and they will make a few sentences about the pictures.
- T focuses on the lesson title ' A Perfect Day? ' and elicit the meaning. - T shows photos of Ben and Linda and asks some questions about them.
- T explains the task. - T tells them to listen to the dialogue and tick the places where Linda was during the day. - T wants them to do peer check and then check the answers as a whole class
- T explains the tasks and want them to listen to the recording again and decide which semtences are true or false about Ben and Linda. - T hands out the paper. - The students do peer check and then teacher hands out the tapescript as feedback. - T tells the students to listen to the end of the conversation and answer two questions. - T checks the wanswers with the whole class.
- T writes some sentences in the present simple tense version on the board from the dialogue and elicits them in the past simple form. - T hands out exercises which are in the present simple and tells the students to write the sentences in the past simple form.
- T tells the students inteview with each other about the previous day. - T hands out the conversation cards and take their attention to the missing words. - T gives them a few minutes to construct the questions and want them to mingle. - If time allows, T asks them if there are any interesting answers or not.