Men vs Women
Reading- Reading for detail. (Context: Survey on men and women)
Listening-Listening for specific information (Context: Survey results)
Reported Speech (Context: a survey on men and women)
Speaking - Open Class discussion - Fluency
Procedure (38-47 minutes)
- Draw the WB plan. - Men are from Mars, women are from Venus. Elicit ... (That's actually a book by John Gray) - Ask the class if they think women and men are from different planets. Ss in pairs - What are the main differences between women and men? - Elicit the thoughts.
- Firstly, Teach them the difference between man,men,women,woman and the pronunciation. Drill it. - Upset , look after, attractive, insist, majority.
Ss in pairs! - Tell them there is a list of sentences. - They have to decide which ones men never say and which ones women never say. - Tell Ss to add one more sentence if possible. - Elicit the answers.
- Ask Ss to work individually to read and complete the questionnarie. - Ask them to compare their results with their partner. - In a class feedback, elicit the answers to see if male and female students have different answers.
- Point out that the text they are about to read reports the findings of the survey, which used the questionnarie they've just completed. - Ask them to read it carefully and decide if each gap should be filled with men or women. - Let them to compare their answers. - Don't make any comments at this stage.
- Tell Ss that they will listen to the complete text, - Ask them to listen carefully and write the results. - Ss check their answers together, teacher writes the answers. 1-M 2-W 3-W 4-M 5-W 6-M 7-M 8-W 9-W 10-M 11-W 12-M
-Ss work individually, - What would the results be in Turkey? - Give them an example : I think in Turkey, 70% of women get angry if their partner forget their birthday. - Elicit the thoughts. - Write the questions on the board one by one or just ask them orally; What do the women and men do to attract somebody in Turkey? After the first date, what happens? What happens if a man/ a woman is late for the date? How long would you wait for someone? What do you do when your partner forgets about your birthday? What do you think about marriage? Who should look after the children?