To provide review of qiantifiers in the context of food.
To provide review and practice of vocabulary in the context of food
Procedure (34-46 minutes)
-Use the OHP. -Show a video of a husband and his wife talking about recipe and food. -Ask Ss if the husband was telling the right recipe.
- Give the Ss a photocopy of page 80. - In pairs, give clear instructions to Ss to complete the gaps in "Language focus 2" from the box. - I monitor, help when/if necessary. - Play the recording to check the answers as a whole class. - Ask Ss if the expert's advice is good.
- Ss read the analysis box and do it in pairs. - In ex.a 1, Ss in pairs underline the foods in the text. - Mark foods as countable and uncountable nouns. - In ex.b 1 , Ss mark the quantifiers in the box as used with countable (C), uncountable (U), or both (B). - In ex. 2, SS read the sentences and try to tell the difference in meaning between the pairs. - The teacher Hands out the answer key to check in pairs.
- In the practice section , Ss are going to write 12 sentences in 6 minutes, using the chart. - Monitor and help when/if necessary. - Give feedback as a whole class.
- In practice section 2, Introduce the text by asking Ss what kind of person is written for. - Ss work in pairs to read the text and choose the best quantifier to complete the text. - Emphasize that they should explain their answers. - Check Ss answers as a whole class and elicit explanations.
- Ss do ex.3 individually, they write an advice sheet about one of the topic they are given. - Give clear instructions to use the quantifiers in exercise 1. - When they finish, in pairs they will present their lists to their partners.