Celta 2015- LP- TP 6
By the end of the lesson ss will identified and learnt the meaning and form of " reported speech".
By the end of the lesson ss will have practised reading to identify reported speech and practised speaking using it.
Procedure (36-43 minutes)
- Teacher asks students if it ever happened to them to think or remember someone and then they bump into them or the person calls - T asks if they think it is simple coincidence or there is more in it .... like things are meant to happen for a reason - T to let students give examples
- Teacher explains that we will read a true story about a strange coincidence. - T to ask students to look at question 1 and gives them three minutes to read and answer it - T lets students check in pairs first - Teacher corrects as a WC activity and checks if everyone agrees
- Teacher to set students in groups of three ( depending on the number) - Teacher to give students different sentences to organize to in order to finish the story - T puts the beginning of the actual conversation and the first sentence - T puts answer key in the white board
- Teacher writes the sentences from paragraph one and paragraph two - Teacher asks students what happened to the verb in the second sentence ( moved back into the past) - T asks why and confirms or corrects according to students suggestions - T gives handouts and ask students to fill in the table from the analysis box - T asks students to check in pairs and then collect answers from above the coffee machine
- Teachers gives instruction about task A - T explains to students that they will have sentences and they need to find out who said each - Ss check in pairs - T names students for answer - T gives instructions for the second part - Students check in pairs - T names students for answers
- T explains game rule ( One student is a famous star the other is a reporter: reporter ask a questions and turns the answer into reported speech, one sentence and then they change role) - Some students will play the role as a class activity - T to give feedback
- T gives content and language feedback - T thanks students and let them go on a break