To provide ss vocabulary to introduce them to basic geometric shapes: circle, square, triangle and rectangle
To let students practice grammar in the form of Yes/No questions related to shapes and the affirmative/negative answers..
Procedure (35-43 minutes)
- The T shows the Ss the bag she brought with objects inside. - The T asks the Ss one by one to pick an object from the bag. - The S who picked it put draws the outline on the object on the WB. - The T writes the name of the shape on the WB
- The T shows the objects above and the shapes below on the HO and describes the matching task . - The T distributes the HO and colored pencils to the Ss. (Everybody Up Student's Book p:10) - The T tells the Ss to check with the S beside them if both are the same or different. - Total feedback is done by showing a correct page as the answer sheet.
- The T shows Ss the sticks with Y / N answers on each side and demonstrates what to do with those when a shapoe is pointed from the WB. , - The sticks are distributed to students and the T asks the question "Is this a ...?" and lets the Ss show the side of the stick that is correct. - The Question form is written on the WB before the practice starts; feedback is given as the game is on.
- The T shows Ss the HO and makes the first exercise. - The HO is distributed and the T asks the SS to fold the HO for the first exercise. - Then when all are finished feedback is given on the correct answers by checking with the students. - The Question form is written on the WB before the practice starts; feedback is given as the game is on. - The T shows and writes on the WB the second practice on the same page and asks the Ss to complete the page pairing them in 2s. - Pair- check is done when the exercise is completed and the T monitors.
- The T first asks the Ss to pick a card and gets them to form 3 groups. - She also shows the shapes that are cut out and asks them to make a group poster by sticking them in any shape that they want. - The Ss pick and glue the shapes on the cardboard with the group color and make their own pictures. - As the poster is created, the T praises the Ss with stars, and everybody claps at the end for the nice work done.