TP-7 - Grammar / Speaking
Grammar: To provide the MFP of wh- and yes/no question forms of Present Continuous Tense.
Speaking: To provide fluency and accuracy of the use of Present Continuous Tense question forms.
Procedure (34-46 minutes)
The main context is "A Beautiful Day" in a park. - T will distribute visual no.1 in which there are different activities. - T will give students 1 minute to check the visuals. - T will elicit some verbs from Ss.
- T will distribute a short text to Ss. - T will ask Ss to skim the text quickly for and underline the verbs (2 min.s will be given) - T will ask Ss to check their answers with their pairs. (1.5 min.s will be given) -T will elicit the answers from Ss
- T will ask Ss to check the text again. - T will ask Ss to match the verbs and the pictures in 2 min.s - T will monitor the Ss as they match visuals and the sentences. - WC will give the answers
- T will write a few questions on WB about the first picture, in order to provide an example for the question forms of the Present Continuous Tense. Example: picture no.1 1. What is the old man doing? - He is walking slowly. 2. Is he walking in the park? - Yes, he is. 3. Is he walking fast? - No, he isn't. - After demonstration of the question forms, the rest of the pictures will be distributed to Ss - T will ask students to write 1 WH and 1 Y/N question about the pictures, as it was shown on the WB (individual work / IW) - Ss will be monitored as they write the questions -T will ask Ss to ask the questions to their pairs. - Ss will ask and answer the questions with their pairs (PW) -- - T will elicit the questions and the answers from Ss, will write some of the questions on the WB - T will point out the rules of WH and Y/N questions
- T will show 2 pictures from Beginners' Communication Games page 97. - T will say that 2 pic.s are different from each other, and ask Ss to find differences. -T will distribute the pic.s to Ss and check the pic.s -T will ask Ss work with their pairs, find the differences by asking questions. Example: In my picture the dog is chasing a cat. Is the dog chasing the cat in your picture? No, it is swimming in the pool. The dog and the cat are swimming in the pool. - T will elicit the answers from Ss. - T will write the questions and the answers on WB with the help of Ss.
- T will distribute the hand sheets - T will ask Ss not to show their papers to their pairs - Ss will try to guess what he/she is doing / they are doing. Example: Is he/she phoning? Is he cooking / digging / reading? Is she eating / opening the door / sleeping etc.? Are they playing cards or a ball / going upstairs? - Ss will try to guess the pic.s by asking questions and this way will be using the TL.